What is Chiropractic Neurology?
Chiropractic neurology combines the best of neurological science and chiropractic. It is well accepted that chiropractic adjustments of the spine affect the function of the nervous system. Research continues to explain the complexity of the nervous system and the effects of manipulation and other non-drug related therapies.
Throughout life the brain is constantly changing as a consequence of our experiences, physical activity, and environment. Most people develop one part of the brain more so than another. When the processing of neurological signals decreases to a critical level, brain asymmetry develops decreasing human potential, leading to dysfunction and disease.
Chiropractic neurologists are specialists in evaluating the function of the brain and nervous system. Once the deficit has been diagnosed, a treatment protocol is implemented to increase the potential of the brain and correct the brain asymmetry.
It is the treatment that separates chiropractic neurology from medical neurology. While medical neurologists utilize synthetic drugs to affect the system, the chiropractic neurologist may utilize treatment involving physical modalities that are non-invasive and non-surgical. Chiropractic adjustments of the spine and skeleton, cognitive exercises, visual and auditory stimulation, spinning and balance exercises, eye tracking exercises, and eye light therapy are just a few of the therapies utilized by the chiropractic neurologist to make changes to the nervous system.
Anyone suffering from the following may benefit:
- Vertigo, dizziness, and balance problems
- Movement disorders, tremors, and dystonia
- Visual disturbances and eye fatigue
- Memory and concentration difficulties
- Peripheral nerve injuries, numbness and tingling of the arm/hand/leg or foot, such as carpal tunnel and tendonitis
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)
- Learning and attention disorders, ADD, ADHD, OCD, and Tourette’s
- Chronic pain in the neck, back, and limbs
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- High blood pressure
- Migraines and headaches
- Hormonal dysfunction
Are you a good candidate for chiropractic neurology care? Find out!